Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a Senior Architect to join our Environment & Infrastructure Solutions group in our St. Johns, NL OR Dartmouth, NS Office.
Our projects are nationwide and international in range and scope. We have a full component of architecture and engineering staff in-house, and are committed to fully collaborative and integrated design with all team members contributing to our projects success.
- Responsible for project planning and development
- Develop content and execute architectural projects including drawings, specifications, and studies
- Collaborate with project managers, engineers, designers, and other project team members to carry out project requirements
- Prepare 2D and 3D presentation and production drawings
- Successfully manage and interface with in-house and consulting project teams and clients through all phases of projects
- Demonstrate ability, in a leadership role, in working with integrated architectural and engineering design teams in project design and documentation
- Demonstrated capability and willingness to work in support of engineering disciplines as well as in pure architecture
- Ability and willingness to travel. Occasional field work to perform building survey assessments on regional, national, and / or global projects and approximately 10% travel
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years well-rounded experience in any of the following project types; infrastructure, industrial, commercial, federal, medical, pharmaceutical, institutional design
- Demonstrated excellence in design, organization, and communication
- Registered architect (in a Canadian province/territory)
- LEED accreditation
- B.Arch and/or M.Arch; accredited by the Canadian Architectural Certification Board (CACB)
- Proficient in current digital modeling applications including Revit, BIM, AutoCAD, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in all phases and technical aspects of facility design, from programming through post construction services
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. <web address removed>
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.