WorleyParsons is a global engineering and consulting business. We build long term relationships with Tier One customers providing services to major resource, infrastructure, environment and energy developments in the UK and around the world. We thrive on delivering complex projects in challenging environments, and strive to be the go-to consultancy for bespoke projects in both established and emerging economic environments.
WorleyParsons are seeking to recruit a Principal Applications Specialist (GIS) to replace a key team member who is moving to another role. We are looking for a candidate with extensive enterprise GIS applications development experience to support worldwide hydrocarbons projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following key tasks and responsibilities:
- Designing, delivering and administering dynamic web GIS and data integration applications
- Managing the Applications Development team, supporting both technically and commercially
- Building and maintaining relationships with geospatial application stakeholders, inside and outside the team
- Supporting the Geomatics Lead with technical proposals and Client interaction
- Actively keeping abreast of geospatial technology advances and competitor innovation
The successful candidate should possess demonstrable experience in a similar role or environment and have the following key skills:
- Strong experience and practical success of designing and implementing GIS application architectures using bespoke and off-the-shelf solutions
- Database design, administration and development using Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience of designing, developing and building GIS web applications based on ESRI enterprise technology including ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online and Portal
- Experience of designing, building and interacting with ESRI Geoprocessing services.
- Experience of designing, building applications that interact with MS SQL and ArcSDE.
- Some demonstrable commercial acumen
- Proven history of innovative thinking and problem solving
- Highly motivated self-starter passionate about the exploitation of geospatial technologies in the wider business who will represent the regional geomatics team at a technical level.
- An effective communicator both to stakeholders of a technical and non-technical background
- Extensive experience working in a web applications environment, including GIS applications
- Completed successfully several enterprise web application deployments designed and built from ground up.
- Improving business process through technical innovation
- Integration of non-geospatial enterprise systems with web GIS.
- BSc or above in information systems, computer science or related field. Or relevant degree plus equivalent application development work experience.
- A good understanding of geospatial technology theory and practice.
- A good team player and effective communicator.
- Knowledge and experience of delivering secure enterprise solutions
- Pride in their work with high attention to detail
- MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UK WITHOUT SPONSORSHIP
- Mobile development experience.
- Open Source GIS development experience.
- Hydrocarbons pipelines experience.
- Experience of GPS/mobile data capture.