HSE Specialist job in USA
Click here for more HSE Specialist jobs
Petroplan is seeking an Sr. HSE Specialist for a contract project. This role will be based in Houston with about 20-30% domestic travel.
This will be in support of a company acquisiton/merger
This will be a 12+ month contract based in Houston with 50% travel to the Permian (Midland/Odessa) area.
Position calls for a lot of field interface
Must be able to create and update new processes
Help write procedures (procedures have to be practical)
Planning ability is critical
Implementing management systems
Health and Safety acquisition systems
Health and Safety facilities experience is a plus
HAZOP/HAZID/Risk Assessment experience a must
Process safety management experience a big PLUS
Solid knowledge base of OSHA
Strong presentation skills
· Stimulate improvements to procedures and work practices;
· Work with contractors to influence Health and Safety improvement
· Participate in workplace activities to raise the quality of Health and Safety input, incident investigation and risk management;
· Provide Health and Safety and technical support for general queries and report on Health and Safety performance and best practice;
· Audit and monitor the implementation of the Fatal Risk Control Protocols;
· Support and coach the facility management team in appropriate leadership and conduct other training.
· Monitor the implementation and effectiveness of Health, Safety & Environmental plans for assigned facilities.
· Provide oversight to support site activities having effective work safety arrangements
· Provide oversight to support commissioning operations and ensure appropriate risk assessment is conducted
·· Review and support existing training plans and specific operations/campaign/project training needs.
· Support collecting, storing, analyzing, tracking and reporting performance data (eg. Incident report findings, Audit actions,)
· Provide input and review with Site personnel – weekly-monthly reports
· Support monthly Safety meetings and review of statistics.
· Plan and participate in audits of Contractors.
· Network with peers to utilize Best Practices and Lessons Learned
KEY DELIVERABLES / KEY DIMENSIONS
· Risk-based approach
· Audit / Verification
· Support to line management
· Member of Petroleum Environmental Network and Communities of Practice
BEHAVIOURAL & LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
· Familiarity with Petroleum & Drilling business.
· Understanding of issues in Drilling
· Understanding issues in Petroleum.
· Influencing and building relationships
· Ability to effect change through others
· Willingness to stand alone
The HSE Senior HSE Specialist will be based in the Houston office with up 30% of domestic travel may be required. It will be a full time position reporting to the HSE Supervisor.
The role will provide support to the sites formally through the team and informally to any personnel in the field. The role will be supported by the HSE team.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Engineering or Science Degree, or HSE certification
· Audit certification
· Risk management courses.
· HSE management courses
· Other languages optional
Experience & Technical Competencies (combination of):
· Minimum 5+ years HSE experience in oil and gas
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa andAustralasiasupport projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.