Metocean Engineer job in USA
Click here for more Metocean Engineer jobs
Brunel Energy currently requires a Metocean Engineer for their client based in Houston, Texas.
Provide operational meteorological and oceanographic expertise to support and advise offshore activities in the Americas (primarily Gulf of Mexico, North and South Americas) through real-time monitoring observations and metocean criteria for design and operations.
- Support regional exploration and production operations through ongoing operational oceanography services
- Provide operability criteria for marine drilling, seismic, and offshore construction/maintenance operations
- Analysis and characterization of meteorological/oceanographic processes and climatology for diverse regions as deepwater Gulf of Mexico, North Atlantic, Caribbean Sea, and South Atlantic.
- Produce meteorological and oceanographic criteria for the design of offshore facilities and pipelines
- First degree in Mathematics, Science or Engineering and an MSc/PhD degree in Oceanography, Meteorology, Ocean Engineering, or Hydrodynamics
- Experience with metocean data analysis and synthesis supporting offshore engineering and operations, including probability and statistics.
- Familiar with metocean instrumentation
- Knowledge with MATLAB
- Familiar with ARCGIS
- Good oral and written communication skills