Deepwater Completion Engineer job in USA
Click here for more Deepwater Completion Engineer jobs
BP is the largest US domestic oil producer and proven reserves holder, and the largest leaseholder in the Gulf of Mexico operating four of the largest seven oil and gas platforms. BP remains committed to continuing investment in this important U.S. energy source as evidenced by our recent winning bids to secure 43 additional deepwater leases. Our diverse portfolio includes some of the industry's biggest technical challenges as we are the industry leader in ultra-deepwater, ultra-high-temperature high-pressure (HPHT) environments, and deliver some of the world's biggest wells. We continually strive to improve our knowledge and lead the industry in forward thinking technology such as developing new methods to drill at depths inaccessible before now. BP is committed to developing our people in a world class environment while delivering wells in a safe and compliant manner using the latest technology and leading edge capability.
Currently, we have several Completion Engineer opportunities open in the US Gulf of Mexico. Completion engineers are accountable for engineering activity including the design, planning, program generation and execution of completion operations within the BP Wells organization.
Success at BP is dependent on our ability to leverage the collective efforts of some of the worlds most experienced technical completion experts. By joining us and working in multi-disciplinary teams, you will deliver detailed completion engineering guidance, program preparation, and operational support for new and existing wells.
Key responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Strong commitment to deliver safe and compliant completions with long term reliability
• Strong commitment to HSSE and operational safety while delivering safe and compliant wells.
• Responsible for basis of design, planning and executing completion programs including inflow performance, production/injection optimization modeling, equipment/material specification and selection, cost estimates, and post appraisals.
• Prepare testing/completion programs, including equipment specification and selection, flow modeling, and stress analysis.
• Prepare cost estimates and cost control for completion activities.
• Awareness of and involvement in new completions technologies, with appropriate incorporation into design and work programs.
• Ensure completion programs, program amendments are aligned with internal and industry standards, policy, and regulatory requirements are appropriately risk assessed.
• Liaise with sub-surface and production operations teams to ensure completion design is fit for purpose and life-of-field performance and integrity.
• Monitor and support all aspects of completion operations.
• Onsite support for key completion operations.
• Provide engineering support for completion operations.
• Implement best practices as identified in engineering & operational studies.
• Perform post-analyses and benchmarking studies, incorporate documented key learning’s into future completion programs.
• Assure adequate third party Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
• Recommend and conduct engineering studies to enhance completion design and operational performance.
• Prepare end of well reports.
• Ensure appropriate assurance and review of the completion design and work plan.
• Coach and mentor completion engineers to ensure appropriate technical and professional development.
• A Bachelors degree in relevant engineering discipline.
To be considered for the role of Deepwater Completion Engineer (Gulf of Mexico) applicants must have:
• Legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than your current employer.
• A minimum of 7 years of Completions Engineering experience, with at least 3 years of deepwater completions experience.
• Experience with open hole or cased hole sand control and associated equipment. Broad experience with the design and execution of deepwater completions for oil or gas wells for an operator or major service provider.
• Experience working with third party service providers.
• Experience with specification and selection of completion equipment including materials requirements.
• Excellent English communication skills.
• Personal commitment and proactive approach to Health, Safety and the Environment.
• Personal commitment and proactive approach to process safety and operational risk mitigation.
• Demonstrated experience working with multi-disciplinary teams.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
• A willingness and ability to travel up to 25% to offshore field locals; able to ride in a helicopter or boat over water and be transferred via personnel basket to offshore operations. Ability to work in small, confined places, on high platforms, walk on high elevation grating over water, and walk up and down steps.