Marine Chief Engineer job in USA
Click here for more Marine Chief Engineer jobs
Brunel Energy currently requires a MARINE Chief Engineer for their client based in Houston, Texas.
• Responsible at the Corporate level for all E&M functions pertaining to the global fleet of manned, heavy lift, pipe laying, DP cable/rigid & flexible pipe laying & multi-service vessels, unmanned barges, supporting vessels and equipment.
• Works closely with the Local Area Managers to provide oversight of the maintenance functions in each area.
• Ensures that marine vessels used in operations are in good, safe condition, meet regulatory requirements and utilized in a manner that controls risk to the Company.
• Reviews/approves upgrades, modifications or overhauls to the major equipment assets.
• Conducts regular audits for compliance to the E&M Guidelines & Requirements.
• Provides technical support, review and oversight for major E&M CAPEX projects.
• Responsible for the Marine & Fabrication Crane Programs and Guidelines.
• Provides/reviews/approves training related to equipment operation/maintenance, crane operations/inspections/maintenance and vessel operations.
• Conducts equipment accident investigations for serious and high potential equipment accident/incidents.
• Responsible for fleet CMMS program (ABS NS5).
• Responsible for the maintenance oversight, including the CMMS program (Tabware) of all cranes & heavy equipment in Company fabrication yards worldwide.
• Supervises E&M staff members including the Marine and Fabrication Crane Directors, upgrade and new construction Project/Construction Managers, CMMS Administrators.
• Reports directly to the Global Director, Equipment and Machinery Group, Corporate Headquarters.
• BS in Marine/Mechanical Engineering preferred or equivalent experience/education.
• USCG Chief Engineer License, Unlimited Horsepower, Motor
• 5-10 year’s sea-going experience, preferably on offshore heavy lift construction/installation, pipe laying and/or drilling vessels.
• 5 years shore-side vessel support/management experience in increasing responsibility roles.
• Project management and coordination skills. Ability to plan, organize and execute projects – ability to oversee/ multiple projects and assignments.
• Proficient in MS Office applications. Familiar with AutoCAD.
• Working knowledge of Class Societies Rules & Regulations, Flag State Requirements, Industry Standards.
• Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Ability to interact well with others at all levels of supervision and management.
• Able to travel 30 – 35% once every two months